Pics!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Independence Day

The day started looking pretty cloudy and the rains threatened to dampen our celebration...
Independence day- second only to the cricket world cup when I allow myself to feel patriotic and I let myself indulge in the mirage of nationalism... I don't know what it was about today that made me sad and dejected but well, that was what I felt.

I was very thankful for Sudeshna's company, who is a program leader with the marketing team. She had been meeting up with fellows and visiting schools in various locations in order to build an understanding of the fellows' life. In that context, she had come with me to school today. I was hyper  excited because I was happy with the work I had done from the past 3 days... Sudeshna and I spoke of a lot of things- why the fellows are unhappy, do we always work with headmasters, are program leaders understanding, what does it fell like to be a female fellow, do we get our reimbursements in time, negative publicity surrounding the fellowship, our dreams, writing for marketing, et cetera.

School visit went well as I was glad to be doing decent work, my headmaster and the staff were telling her that I was hard working ( a value I love being associated with). There was a cultural program in the school as it was our independence day and I loved watching the kids being so happy. The moment we entered school, the kids started running towards us, hi-five-ing us with great gusto. Today was one day were the kids were allowed to do things they loved to do- run around, play, sing, dance, shout, make merry and eat sweets... i loved seeing them have their moment under the sun. The villagers were sweet enough to talk to both of us and I loved conversing with them. 

I took some videos of the dances I had choreographed and excuse me for the poor video quality!





Enjoy, always
A

No comments: